3. Wait in “line” for Rachel, who knows me by name now.
5. Wait for staff to retrieve one box at a time and plunk it on the high counter.
6. Pay the negotiated post office fees, pay no customs fees on Bibles.
8. Wait for the customs person to open each and every box and inspect the content. Books are not subject to VAT but the trail mix stash is…they overlook it.
9. Reseal all nine boxes and hoist them to the security counter.
10. Security checks the slips against the box numbers to be sure the right boxes are leaving the building.
11. Figure out how on earth to get 9 heavy boxes to the car, which I refuse to drive in central Kampala.
Really, it’s always an adventure and one I’d never want to miss. Thank you to six churches for lovingly providing the Word of God in East Africa.
Beaverdam Baptist Church
Elizabeth Street Church of God
Clinton First Baptist
Lydia Pentecostal Holiness Church