Have you heard about #GivingTuesday? Giving Tuesday was created to unite us all in a day of generosity, to make a difference in the world any way we choose to at the start of this busy holiday season. Every year Surprised by Hope officially launches its 100 Christmas Dolly campaign on #GivingTuesday and we’d like you to join us.
What is the 100 Christmas Dolly campaign?
We identify a pastor and his or her church members who are applying what they learned from our Entrepreneurship Series in actively constructing their church. You join together with us in sponsoring unique, handmade dollies for children from that church and the surrounding community.
|Notice that Pr James is slowly adding layers to his walls|
in preparation for adding a roof.
|This is the original PEMA church building. |
Isaiah 54 in practice. THAT is faith!
On Christmas Day, we share a holiday meal with the church and community members, and we share the story of the nativity with the children. Each child receives a dolly—perhaps his or her only Christmas present—to remember the free gift we received in Jesus Christ. Finally, your giving allows you to join hands across the ocean in adding to the construction of that very church building.
What should you do?
- Select the dollies you love.
- Send $25 for each dolly you chose via PayPal, credit card, or check.
- Pray for the child who receives your dolly and for PEMA Church.
What will Surprised by Hope do?
- Provide a Christmas meal for PEMA Church families.
- Share a child-sized story of the Nativity.
- Match one dolly per child from that church.
- Send you a picture of the child with your sponsored dolly.
- Provide funds to PEMA Church to build a roof.
- Post follow up stories as the construction proceeds.
Join us on #GivingTuesday and give a gift with lasting meaning.